Bags and dark circles
“Bags” and dark circles are the most frequent conditions related to the area around the eye. This is because it is the most sensitive and thinnest skin on the body.
Dark circles are dark-colored furrows under the eyes. They appear due to the anatomy of the eye cavity and thickness of the skin that reveals the accumulation of blood in the area.
“Bags” are caused by the thinning of the muscle tone under the eyes creating an effect of loose or hanging skin in that area.
Both conditions are aesthetic, due predominantly to genetic predisposition and environmental factors and in no way do they endanger one's health. Causes
Other factors that can cause these conditions around the eye are the continuous movements of the eyelids [excessive blinking] and facial gestures throughout the day that tend, over the years, to generate creases around the eyes. In addition, there are climatic and temperature changes to be considered.
The most common causes of bags and dark circles are:
- Genetics: there is a close relationship with hereditary factors.
- Age: as skin ages, it becomes naturally less elastic and more fragile.
- Smoking: also a factor of premature aging, smoking alters the blood flow in the body.
- Diet: Mineral deficiency (particularly iron) may contribute to dark circles because there is a decrease in the oxygenation of the blood and retained liquid can lead to swelling.
- Lack of or too much sleep: blood vessels tend to become more dilated due to a lack of sleep. Sleep deprivation is the most common cause, and the easiest to prevent but oversleeping can also cause dark eye circles.
Bags and dark circles generally do not require medical attention as they don't pose a health risk – that is, they are not a sign or symptom of disease – and the possibility of self-treating them to decrease their visibility is very simple.
It is important to know that there are non-invasive cosmetic methods and there are also options that require surgical procedures. In the case of surgical procedures, the diagnosis must be made by a doctor based on an exam of the patient's skin and a review of their medical history.
There is a uniquely formulated Cicatricure product intended for the treatment of bags and dark circles around the eyes:
With its anti-aging formula, Cicatricure Eye Contour cream will help smooth the appearance of fine expression lines around the eyes.
Helps revitalize and nourish the skin around the eye for a more youthful appearance.
Advanced care specially formulated for delicate areas around the eyes.
Using Cicatricure Eye Contour cream will:
- Help smooth the appearance of fine expression lines, puffiness, and dark circles.
- Will help revitalize the skin
Cicatricure Advanced Anti-Wrinkle Therapy with Sunscreen SPF 30 nourishes your skin while protecting it from harmful sun damage.
Using Cicatricure Advanced Anti-Wrinkle cream daily will help:
- Visibly diminish the appearance of wrinkles.
- Nourish skin, enhancing firmness and elasticity.
- Protect from damaging UV rays.